Monday, March 14, 2011
Marriage is a private affair
They story marriage is a private affair by Chinua Achebe was a fairly good story, I liked it but yet I didn't because it is sad that stuff like this actually happens. Parents have the right to control their children up to a certain age but I believe after they are grown they cannot control them any longer, they could give suggestions but it is not fair to say who they can and cannot be with. Maybe that is the way it was in the olden days, but it shouldn't be like that anymore. I relate to this story in a way where my parents also believe that they say who I can and can't be around. Yes they should look out for my well being but they should not try to choose my fate. I found it quite interesting how Nnaemeka's father ignored him and his new family for many years just due to the fact that he married someone that "was not approved of."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i agree. i am glad that my parents don't do that.
ReplyDelete